An idea suddenly struck me while listening to the records. "I want to try freestyle rap!" I thought it was crazy at first but hey, there's no harm in trying. So there I was, my brain thumping with urban beats I started to spit it out:
"Yeah... uh huh... Yeah... Yo... Yo...
I can't believe i'm doin' this sh*t
doin crazy thangs but at least it's legit
Make dem homeboys know who the hell I am
A newbie like no other deliv'rin dem jams...
Haha! Yeah I know it sucks, but at least I tried.
The following morning, I approached this friend of mine and said I want to learn how to freestlye rap. He asked me for a sample but I was shy at first to think that we hang outside the walls of Intramuros and people are passing by, now why the hell would I rap in the middle of a busy street?
So he took me at the back of our group's parking area and there he started a beat.
Following the beatbox I nervously started:
Ayt... yo.. yo...
After 5 long seconds:
I'm in here with my crew's parking lot
rapping in this friggin' spot
Hell it's been like this everyday...
I paused... Then:
Ya' see i'm new to this game that's why I choke
yeah I'm still underrated but I'll never be broke
And that's where I screwed up... Hehehe...
My friend said It was fine but I still have to modify some words to keep the rhymes flowing. Yeah whatever he said but I'm really getting the hang of this. Freestyle rapping is not popular here in our country but who cares? As long as I'm enjoying it then I'll continue this new found talent of mine.
Now while I'm studying, hanging out with my team in school, or wherever I go, this beat just comes bumpin' in my head and I'll start doing freestlyle in my mind. I was really inspired by Jin. Imagine a Chinese guy winning the hall of fame in BET, dominating black rappers who are more familiar in the Hip Hop culture. This goes to show that everybody can do whatever they like, not age, gender nor even race can hold us back to what we want to do or achieve in life.
I'm still sloppy in delivring my rap and my punch lines are still peculiar but I'll try my best to continue this, I don't intend to have a career out of rapping, I'll do this just for plain fun but still, I have to give all I got, I think this is how I can make up for what I lack in delivery in our school's parliamentary debate and I feel blessed to be interested in this.
So till then... I'm outta a' here playaz, do what you want to do and be what you want to be. Screw what other people think, believe in yourself and they'll believe in you. Till then. Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment