Monday, January 7, 2008

Cholesterol combo!

My balut craving days are finally over! Damn, I really missed eating balut from complex hehe... I've been searching for the "mambabalut" for days now but to no avail. Yesterday, as we went to the nearest 711 branch, I tried to look for the other mambabalut. I saw her sitting beside the barbecue grill and I instinctively called her attention: "Ate, pabili po ng isang balut at isang penoy." but as I was reaching for my wallet she said: "Ay kuya ubos na po, balik ka nalang bukas." My heart sanked as I left empty handed, It had been days and I couldn't satisfy my craving! Ask my friends, they know what I've been through, I spent most of my time with them for the past couple of days and they would always hear me ranting for balut!

I finally got what I wanted just moments ago, I bought a balut and a penoy from "manong" and I immediately cooked rice as I reached home.
It was dinner time when I thought that two duck eggs weren't enough to stuff me up so I opened a can of luncheon meat. I literally devoured them.

I felt satisfied as I observed the empty plate and egg shells inside a tampered directory paper. I really felt fortunate because I thought of many close friends and relatives who can't eat two duck eggs with luncheon meat in just one meal! Its a good thing that I have a normal cholesterol level so eating anything and I mean ANYTHING doesn't make me feel hesitant.

I am still stuffed as I type this really shallow story but damn, I really can't help but imagine how I craved for balut for days and finally got what I wanted.

That's all, haha!

Oh and by the way, I'm currently eating potato chips and Cheeze curls for dessert... Healthy! Hehee...

*Next blog: How I finished a whole plate of frog legs...

No comments: