Sunday, May 11, 2008

Horizon Kompakt (my dream lomo)


I've been posting and interacting with fellow lomo enthusiasts in lomomanila.ph when I came across this gallery exclusively for Horizon Kompakt/Perfekt camera shots. I can't help but get amazed every time I look at those compositions.

Together with 35mm slides, the Horizon can shoot panoramic photos with vivid, lomographic colors. (*Photo: Amazon.com)


I was planning to buy a Horizon online so I surfed through multiply sellers and was shocked when I saw it's price: Around 14,000.00php! (200.00USD in Amazon.com). I can't believe that such film-based camera costs that much! I put my purchasing plan on hold because I thought spending 14k for a hobby isn't that worth it, I'd rather save up for a D40X. My next Lomo cam would probably be a Super sampler or an Oktomat, whatever I find cooler.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think most of the lomo products are very over priced. $200 just doesn't make sense at all! It looks like a lot of fun though.

Anonymous said...

supersampler! takes mini panoramic slices, depending on how you look at it :)

Anonymous said...

You will know if the item is worth it if after a month you can still stop thinking about it.. :)

Ger Victor said...

Haha I guess so... ^^