Thursday, January 1, 2009

Looking back at 2008 (my gratitude list)

It's January 2009! I can't believe how time flies really fast...

It is the time once again where I list down events, people, places, experiences, things, and situations that happened to me in the past year.

However, something's gonna be different in this post.

Last year's entry was called "What's hot and What's not" and I decide to make it my year end blog as to look back on the things that made me happy and things that pissed me off, but now, I decided to scrap the "Not" part as to focus more on the positive things in the past.

So this will be the reformatted version of my What's hot and Not list...

This will now be known as "The Gratitude list" for the year 2008:


Once again, these are the events, people, places, experiences, things, and situations that I am happy and thankful for:


*Owning 5 cameras in a year
*Hording films in Quiapo and the net
*I went to Baguio twice (Last summer and last December)
*I went to Tagaytay twice (same seasons)
*Shot tons of photos
*I got introduced to Lomography
*Meeting Glaiza de Castro in Person
*Meeting Direk Erick de Guia in Person
*Took photos with Charlene Gonzales and Miriam Quiambao
*Upgraded my PC's memory
*free game downloads
*I enjoyed the radio productions
*At least three of my prods got sent to Dubai (didn't get shortlisted but its ok)
*I joined some photo contests (I didn't win but I enjoyed it.)
*Joined a Lomo exhibit for the first time
*Free Kodak Tmax100
*My Supersampler is still working
*Got introduced to Ultimate Frisbee
*Cinemalaya 2008
*Learned basic Mandarin (though not fluent)
*Experienced riding the Pasig Ferry thrice
*Ate Bulalo in Tagaytay
*I finally got a chance to talk to the girl of my dreams
*My PC is still alive after four years of virus attacks and hardware malfunctions
*Utorrent
*Maria Ozawa
*Got introduced to fine art photography
*Film is still alive!
*Attended Wawi Navarroza's fine art photography seminar (Which I guess started it all)
*Photo trip in Laguna and Quezon
*My second time to go to Villa Escudero
*Finally got a passport
*Got a Nike Hyperdunk
*My stamina somehow increased
*Polaroid plug-in
*Photoshop CS3
*My Balikbayan friends as always
*Free ipod video from my cousin
*Free Frame One magazines
*Photography books from the 80's
*book bargains from last summer
*My Multiply friends
*Facebook
*JTG Sunday services
*Russel Peters
*Dane Cook
*Pablo Francisco
*barrack Obama
*Giligan's Sisig
*Central's Nacho Chips
*Becoming a Sports writer for The Lance
*Bo Sanchez books and videos
*Counterstrike Condition Zero
*Fifa 2003
*Grand Matador
*Multiply online stores
*Disney's Meet the Robinsons
*Pinoy indie films
*Zen moments
*Songs by Massive Attack
*I'm a non-smoker for two years now

I will not make this long... To quote from my last year's blog: "I don't believe that we lost something due to unfortunate events, instead I keep in mind that those bullsh*t stuff are lessons in making us better, wiser and mature."

I just want to add a little something for this year, I suggest that we all focus on the good things and (to borrow from Walt Disney) "never look back for so long. We all have to keep moving forward."

There will be challenges, we will get hurt, we will be put to the test, but one thing that I have learned in 2008 is to keep moving forward, seriously, these words keep circling my mind everytime I thought I was a victim of a situation, "Keep moving forward! keep moving forward!" and I believe this will greatly help us all.

Well, that's it for now! May we all have a Happy New year!

Till next time,
A Dios ser la gloria!



Keep moving forward...

No comments: