Monday, January 25, 2010

The Eskopeta Experience

My friends and I were on our way to Pagsanjan falls when we decided to refuel in a nearest gas station. We found one in the main road of Bay, Laguna (pronounced as Ba-I.)

Since there's a local plaza beside the gas station, we decided to stay for a while and have lunch.

After stuffing ourselves with a few servings of sisig and rice, we strolled around the place.

The mall was not that big, nothing much was going on inside but there were several things that you can do like play some arcade games and watch a movie. Anyway, it was a nice place to stop over and recharge for another long drive.

As we were roaming around the place, I noticed some guys loading up rifles.

I got curious so I approached them, and there I saw a firing station which has an "Eskopeta" sign on top of the cubicles.



Eskopeta is a rifle which is being loaded up with little metallic balls, and the mechanism is similar to an air gun.

My friends and I decided to try em' out so we paid 10 pesos to the cashier and he gave us a handful of bullets.



I aimed slowly, I cocked the rifle and pulled the trigger... and then "BANG!" I was surprised, the sound produced several echoes. I never expected it to be that loud and powerful! I think it is powerful enough to kill a wild animal.

I got used to it after a few tries and we continued to purchase more bullets and rip the heck off the paper targets.



We left the place past noon time and we continued our travel to Pagsanjan, Laguna. It was a fun sidetrip, we never expected to try out something new during our stopover.

No comments: