I remember back in my second year in High school, we were required to dissect a frog for our Biology class. Everything went well at first, I immobilized the poor critter by means of impaling a needle through its head and pinning it to a pan. I continued with the procedures but we were pressed with time so our teacher told us to bring those formalin soaked frogs at home.
I continued stripping the poor frog off of its skin and muscles at home, I even brought it at my friend's house to continue what I was doing. Wicked!
As I was murdering the helpless thing, I felt something struck my right eye and it was burning. A friggin' piece of formalin soaked frog muscle went directly inside my eye! I immediately ran towards my house and rinsed my eye in running water.
I'll never forget that day, I was supposed to strip off that nasty frog to the bones as a Science project but because of the accident, I was forced to stop the procedure and I submitted its half-finished skeletal system.
We were required to stick the frog in an illustration board and mine didn't go out pretty well.
It was wicked, the frog still had excess muscles and the stench of formalin wafted in the room's atmosphere as I entered. (I even left its tongue hanging!)
I could have presented it way better if only that stupid piece of frog meat didn't enter my eye!
Next part: My retribution.
To be continued...
Friday, March 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Funny stuff. Nice.
formalin or formaldehyde is a human carcinogen usually affecting the nasal or lung passages.
in our lab strict ang OSHA sa exposure nito that's why we wear goggles and other protective equipment..it's a no..no..kung bakit pinauwi sa inyo sa bahay.
Only in the Philippines nga naman..
Substandard educational system... What do you expect?
Post a Comment