Back in December, my friends and I hung out at Greenbelt3 and we decided to dig in to this semi-exotic joint called Krocodile Grill. They serve foods comparable to that of Jerry's grill and Dencio's but in a cheaper price and some unique additions to their menu.I was amazed by the place's Australian outback type of theme, they even have two pet alligators inside an average sized aquarium! Wicked!
As I was browsing through the menu, unusual delicacies caught my eye: Frog legs, Ostrich Tapa, Ostrich salpicao... I was like "woah!"

I ordered frog legs and beer (good match!) and I was having second thoughts on another exotic dish, I had a gut feeling that if I ordered another one then my stomach would turn upside down.
So there I was, chatting with my friends while devouring those poor frog legs (people say they taste like chicken and it's true.) The breading was thick I can barely taste the meat and the seasoning was so salty. As I dug in to its meat, I remembered my dissecting experience back in 2nd year High school and how a formalin soaked frog muscle went inside my eye, I thought it was payback time!I washed it up with beer and continued chatting with my home boys. It took us two or three weeks to go back there and eat again but at that time, I tried the Ost
rich salpicao, too bad I didn't have pictures of it.I heard that there are restaurants in Laguna and Batangas where they serve all types of Filipino exotic foods like Bayawak (monitor lizzard), Tamilok (Those worms that feed and thrive inside tree barks), beetles, etc. I would love to try them all! Seriously.
I really hope that one day I would write another blog about my exotic food experience, I don't care if its raw cow brain from India, roasted cocoons from South Korea or Kangaroo meat from Australia. It would be a great opportunity.
3 comments:
I would want to try it..something different. Don't forget to treat me on my next balikbayan trip.
It's much better if we try those roasted crickets in Hong Kong. Oh and by the way, during my friend's bday last year he treated us in this Chinese restaurant in Caloocan where they serve roasted doves. It tastes like a matured version of Balut...
Looks good!
Post a Comment