Friday, April 18, 2008

I got free 120 films!

Yes! I asked my tita if she could provide old films for me, she said she got a couple of them from way back. I expected her to give me a 35mm film but to my surprise, she handed me two medium formats! I really thank her for this.

I'll be using these for the first time in my life! Actually I have never tried nor seen a 120 film before even when I was a kid and I never expected myself to be using these obsolete stuff in the midst of the digital age of photography.

The other film that I scored was an expired Kodak Elite 35mm slide film. Another first for me! Medium format films are really hard to find nowadays and if ever you found one, it costs around 250-280php, excluding the processing! So I guess I was really blessed to have two rolls for free (not to mention a privilege card and an affordable processing in a local lab.)

I guess I'll load this up in my Holga next month in Baguio. I hope I could get a lot of good exposures, wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck dude! pahingi free 120s. haha!

Anonymous said...

With pleasure, georwyn. The 120s and 135 slide films are excess from a photo shoot we did in 1995 when I made a brochure for a hotel in Palawan. Swerte lang talaga, di pa naitapon.. Mabuti din pala ung tago ng tago? ....