Friday, March 7, 2008

The LRT embarrassment

I went to Quiapo last week to finish some photo assignments. Feeling fulfilled and lightened up inspite being worn out due to the stressful day, I decided to just wait for the train at the nearest station. I hurriedly went to the LRT station in Carriedo for the very first time. I take the LRT in Lawton almost on a daily basis or the shuttle service in SM Manila but I was already there so what the heck.

As I was purchasing a ticket, I heard the rumbling sound of a train coming nearby, I hurriedly walked towards the booth, passed the stairs and jumped at the nearest train door.

"Ha! I did it!" I told myself. The beeping sound of the train door was heard indicating its doors about to close down. Just when I thought we were about to leave, I felt something very strange: all the people were staring at me and some of them shared gasps and whispers, and then it got me: "Holy shit! I'm in the female area!"

I was in the middle of the train, standing in embarrassment as I smiled at each lady whom my eyes caught. Sweat started forming on my forehead as I had second thoughts, should I leave or should I stay here until we stop by the next station?

The door was about to close down when the security guard hurriedly approached our train to scold at me: "Hoy! Pang babae lang jan!" I jumped out of the train and apologized repeatedly. I saw something at my right side and there it was, the "female area" sign.

I slowly walked towards the "Pang masa" side of the station while my head bent down feeling really shy. In spite that, I was grinning as I recalled that moment. I couldn't help but laugh silently as I waited for another LRT to come.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog mitsu !

^^v

hehe...

d k nag-iisa...
naranasan ko n rin yan, way back
nung hayzkul p ako... haha !

azteeeg naman dba ?

haha !

Anonymous said...

isa lang ang masasabi ko ......... SIKAT ka NON !!! hehehehehe

-jlunelp

Anonymous said...

haha aus lng un! mdme ndin nagka ganun :))

-maricarose

Anonymous said...

funny! should have pretended to be a girl!

Anonymous said...

Wakokokoko

Anonymous said...

hiwalay na ba babae sa lalaki? as in restrooms. ( I did not know that until now!)

Ger Victor said...

Nope, the first two trains are for ladies, the rest e pang lahatan na...