I just got home from church when I decided to buy this book that I wanted to have for a long time now. I am really in to collecting books but I feel kind of reluctant to purchase them if the price is beyond 500 bucks. I really don't know why but it became a mentality since I was in high school.
So after I had dinner in the local mall, I finally made up my mind, I'm gonna buy the book that I ever wanted. As I entered the bookstore, I never hesitated to grab a copy of it but of course, canvassing for other interesting stuff wasn't an exception at that time so I took my time and looked around.
The book that I bought is called The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I already have a DVD version of it but I thought that it wasn't enough. The book is worth 745php but what the heck, if I want it, I'll get it...
So there I was, browsing some books from shelf to shelf ranging from success (business) stuff to self-help and then I stumbled upon this very popular book: The Art of War by Sun Tzu.At first, I really wanted to buy this book but I was reluctant. I mean, who would want to buy a book about conflicts or waging war against someone? Well, I saw another version of that Sun Tzu book that happened to be cheaper and easier to understand due to its modern translation. It just popped in to my mind that I can use Tzu's technique in real life, pretty cool.
I grabbed my cellphone to compute the costs: Rhonda Byrne's work= 745php, The Art of War= 269php, a total of a whopping 1,014php! Woah, kinda big for a book that will be shelfed for a couple of weeks but I thought it would be worth it. I considered it as an investment rather than a liability because I know that i'll reap the benefits of it after I finish reading them.

So there I was, pulling my wallet and taking out some cash as I waited in line to purchase the books. As the cashier took my stuff to be computed, I placed my D's on the desk (1,100php). Then, the lady took my two five hundred bills and gave me back my 100. I couldn't believe what I saw in her computer screen, it only cost me more than 800 bucks!
I didn't know if it was a sale, a promo or the universe's generosity but one thing's for sure, it was a nice bargain! I went home with a smile on my face as I swaggered with a couple of hip hop tunes with my iPod. This is one of the best bargains I had so far and I can say that throwing a couple of D's for some cool books is indeed worth it.
3 comments:
Oh mY gosh, I love that book (The Secret), I'm dying to read that, too bad, I'm still saving for that until now. nyways, kung National Bookstore yun, yep they're on sale.
I love your blog. Finally, you have something worth to do instead of hanging out in the catwalk. Thanks for inviting, try visiting mine.
Well actually i've been blogging for two years now, it just so happens that I imported most of my entries here on blogspot. Anyway thanks for the comment, i'm looking forward to some of your entries.
Swerte mo you had it at a bargain. Ok lang to collect books, it's a legacy, you see. Btw, our group, the KM ng BMG will hold a book bazaar soon, probably at the church grounds. Books can be had for as low as P5!!! I'll keep you posted.
Post a Comment